Yield: 12 Slices
|½ cup||Smooth peanut butter|
|1¾ cup||Biscuit mix (see recipe)|
12 slices, about ½-inch thick each 175 calories per slice 1. Preheat oven to 350øF (moderate).
2. Lightly grease 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan.
3. Beat peanut butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended--about 2 minutes.
4. Mix egg, water, and vanilla thoroughly. Stir into peanut butter mixture.
5. Add biscuit mix and beat just until smooth.
6. Pour into pan.
7. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean--about 40 minutes. * Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias