Yield: 8 Servings
|1½ cup||Whole wheat flour; see note 1|
|¾ cup||Granulated sugar|
|2 tablespoons||Granulated sugar|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Plain lowfat yogurt; see note 2|
|¼ cup||Butter; melted|
|½ teaspoon||Almond extract|
|3||Peaches; peeled and sliced|
|3 tablespoons||Blanched almonds; sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In mixing bowl, blend flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, melted butter, and almond extract until smooth.
4. Stir into dry ingredients to make smooth, thick batter.
5. Spoon batter into greased 9-inch springform pan or other round cake pan.
Arrange peach slices on top in circular fashion.
6. In small bowl, combine almond slices, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon.
Sprinkle over peaches.
7. Bake in preheated 350F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
NOTES : 1.The recipe listed all-purpose flour, but I used whole wheat flour. 2. The recipe calls for plain yogurt, but I always use Biobest 1% fat active-culture yogurt (made by Astro), so I have entered the ingredients in this manner to determine the nutritional content.
Recipe by: Johanna Burkhard, The Comfort Food Cookbook, Robert Rose Posted to EAT-LF Digest by "ellen@..." <ellen@...> on Apr 8, 1998