Yield: 8 Servings
|1||Lemon; juice and grated rind of|
|½ cup||Potato starch|
From: hz225wu@... (Micaela Pantke) Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 09:26:20 +0200 From: jjmorris@... (Joyce Morris) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, a moderate oven. Separate 7 eggs. Beat whites until stiff but not dry. Add two whole eggs to the yolks and start beating.
Gradually add sugar, lemon juice and rind while continuing to beat. Add potato starch and matzo cake flour.
Carefully but throughly fold in beaten whites. Bake in an ungreased 10-inch tube pan for 40-50 minutes. Invert pan until cool [If you are lucky you will need to put it on a wine or Coke bottle]. Remove from pan.
1. Add cut dried fruit such as apricots, prunes, and raisins.
2. Add chopped nuts.
3. Use orange juice concentrate instead of lemon juice and orange rind instead of lemon rind [especially good with nuts].
4. Use apricot nectar instead of lemon juice and use chopped dried apricots.
5. Use nuts and dried fruit.
6. Use only ⅓ cup potato starch and ⅓ cup matzo cake meal. Add ⅓ cup cocoa powder. Use up to 3 Tablespoons of Sabra liquer to substitute for lemon juice [yes you can get it kosher for Passover].
7. Do chocolate substitution and add chocolate chips.
8. Do chocolate substitution and add nuts.
NOTE: If you use nuts, fruit or chocolate chips, use some of the matzo cake flour to lightly coat. Fold in with egg whites and they will not sink as badly to the bottom.
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .