Yield: 12 Servings
|10 \N||-(up to)|
|12 \N||Dessert dishes or cups|
|2 \N||Eggs; separated|
|2 \N||Envelopes unflavored gelatin|
|1 teaspoon||Grated lemon peel|
|3 cups||Creamed cottage cheese|
|1 tablespoon||Lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 cup||Heavy or whipping cream|
|½ cup||Chopped nuts; about|
|¼ cup||Chocolate sprinkles|
submitted by: LeiG@...
1. In small bow, beat egg yolks with milk until mixed. In 2 quart saucepan, stir gelatin with sugar and salt.
2. Stir yolk mixture into gelatin mixure. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and coats spoon.
3. remove from heat, add lemon peel. cool. Into large bowl, press cottage cheese through sieve or ricer with small grid, add lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Add gelatin mixture. chill about 30 minutes, stirring, until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon. 5. In small bowl with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form. Spoon onto gelatin mixture.
6. Beat cream until soft peaks form, spoon onto egg whites. Fold egg whites and cream into gelatin mixture. 7. Pour gelatin mixture in equal amounts into each of the dessert dishes or cups.
8. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and crushed nuts.
9. refridgerate until firm., if leaving for more than 24 hrs. cover each cup or dish with plastic wrap
10. get a spoon and enjoy,
Recipe Archive - 5 August 96
From the 'RECIPEinternet: Recipes from Around the World' recipe list.
Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .