Yield: 4 Servings
|175.00 gram||Fenugreek; (fresh}|
|30.00 millilitre||Sunflower oil|
|2½ millilitre||Black mustard and cumin seeds mixed|
|2.00 \N||Cloves garlic; crushed|
|2½ millilitre||Fresh ginger; minced|
|1.00 \N||Fresh green chilli finely chopped|
|1.00 pinch||Turmeric and chilli powder|
|\N \N||Few drops of lemon juice|
|1.00 \N||Tomato; chopped|
|15.00 millilitre||Coriander leaves for garnish|
1. Peel and wash potatoes and dice. Leave in cold water to rinse off the starch.
2. Pick and wash Fenugreek leaves. If the stems are soft chop use them as well.
3. Heat the oil. Add the mustard and cumin seeds until they pop then and the fresh garlic, chilli and ginger.
4. Add the potatoes, salt, sugar, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir then cover the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes on a gentle heat. Take care not to over-brown the potatoes.
5. Stir in the fenugreek leaves - they produce enough liquid so the potatoes will cook in their juices, but if they get dry add a few drops of water. Cover the pan and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
6. Add the lemon juice and the chopped tomato and stir gently.
7. Remove from the heat one serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.