Yield: 8 Servings
|1 cup||Boiling water|
|⅓ cup||Barley; rinsed|
|1 teaspoon||Vegetarian bouillon; *see pantry|
|4 cups||Fresh mushrooms|
|¼ cup||Scallions; minced|
|1 teaspoon||Dried dill weed|
|2 teaspoons||Grated parmesan cheese|
|¼ cup||Wheat bran|
|¼ cup||Brown rice flour|
|½ cup||Nonfat cottage cheese|
|4 ounces||Nonfat cheddar cheese|
|2 ounces||Nonfat swiss cheese|
|3 teaspoons||Tomato paste|
|2 teaspoons||Balsamic vinegar|
TOMATO BALSAMIC CATSUP
PANTRY: BROTH: Jensen's broth powder (available at the Oaks, the Palms or other health food stores). Nonfat cheese by Lifeline.
1. Combine water, barley and broth powder and simmer until barley is tender.
2. Chop mushrooms coarsely and combine with scallions and the cooked barley.
3. Combine remaining ingredients except swiss cheese, add to mushroom barley mixture, and mix well.
4. Form 8 patties and grill on a nonstick surface until brown.
5. Turn patties carefully and top each with a slice of swiss cheese.
6. Serve on a whole grain bun as a Veggie Burger with lettuce, tomato, nonfat mayonnaise as desired.
The Oaks At Ojai Health Spa and Resort Hotel, Ojai, CA. webstie www.keho.com/oaks/ Prepared by Kenneth W. Cluff tailspin@... © copyright 1998 by Fitness Inc.
Notes: PER SERVING: 95 calories >from Kitpath with a little help from mcbuster 2.0d Recipe by: Oaks at Ojai, CA 01/12/98 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by KitPATh <phannema@...> on Mar 07, 1998