Yield: 1 Servings
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Light brown sugar, packed|
|½ cup||White sugar|
|½ cup||Salted butter, softened|
|4 ounces||Cream cheese, softened|
|1 \N||Large egg|
|2 teaspoons||Pure lemon extract|
|1½ cup||Whole macadamia nuts,|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with wire whisk and set aside.
3. In a large bowl blend sugars well with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add the butter and cream cheese, and mix to form a smooth paste. Add the egg and lemon extract, and beat at medium speed until light and soft. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
4. Add the flour mixture and macadamia nuts. Blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
6. Bake 23 to 25 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with spatula to a cool flat surface.
***** NOTE: If your oven temperature is off, as in too high, and you don't realize it, these cookies will be hard instead of soft and chewy. Reduce baking time accordingly.
: Yield: 3 dozen