Yield: 12 servings
|1 pack||Active dry yeast|
|2 tablespoons||Warm water|
|2 cups||Flour, all-purpose|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
1. In small bowl combine yeast, sugar and water; let stand until bubbly, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter to make a fine crumb. 3. Beat in yeast mixture and buttermilk to make a moderately stiff dough. (Add more flour if necessary.) 4. Knead dough lightly for a few seconds on floured board.
5. Pat out to ½ inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2-inch floured biscuit cutter.
6. Arrange biscuits in a greased baking pan so they barely touch each other; prick tops with a fork.
7. Let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30 - 40 minutes) 8. Bake at 425 F. for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden. While biscuits are hot from the oven, rub tops with additional butter.
Original from: Jo Screen Converted to MM format by: Wesley Pitts Submitted By WESLEY PITTS On 08-28-95