Yield: 5 Servings
|1 pounds||Boneless lean leg of lamb, cut 1 inch thick|
|3 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons||Snipped fresh mint -or-|
|2 teaspoons||Dried mint, crushed|
|1 tablespoon||Dijon-style mustard|
|1 tablespoon||Cooking oil|
|1 \N||Clove garlic, minced|
|2 smalls||Zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices|
|1 cup||Pearl onions or frozen small whole onions, thawed|
|5 \N||Cherry tomatoes|
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Marinating Time: 2 hours Cooking Time: 6 minutes
1. Partially freeze lamb. Cut into ¼-inch-thick strips about 3 inches long and 2 inch wide. Place in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
2. For marinade, stir together water, lemone juice, mint, mustard, oil, and garlic. Pour over lamb. Close bag. Marinate in the refridgerator for 2 hours or overnight, turning occsionally. Drain lamb, reserving marinade.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook the zucchini, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
4. On five 12-to 15-inch skewers, alternately thread lamb accordion-style with onions and zucchini.
5. Place skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan; brush with marinade. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes or to desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade.
6. Add a cherry tomato to the end of each skewer during the last 1 minutes of broiling.
Calories: 125, Protein: 16g, Carbohydrate: 4 g, Fat: 5g, Sodium: 62mg, Cholesterol: 53mg, Postassium: 353mg Posted to Digest eat-lf.v096.n144 From: lrausc19@...
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:23:31 -0500