Yield: 1 Servings
|1½ cup||Vodka; 80-100 Proof.|
1. Wash and quarter kumquats (don't bother to remove the seeds).
2. Put in large glass jar (I used an old large pickle jar).
3. Add sugar - Do Not Stir.
4. Add vodka. Let it set for six weeks, covered.
5. At the end of six weeks put in large bowl or other container and mash several times with an old fashioned potato masher or anything else that will do the job.
6. Strain through fine strainer to remove fruit and seeds.
7. It will be somewhat cloudy. It can be filtered to make it clear.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 199 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997