Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pounds||Big Perfect Bing Cherries|
|1||Whole Fifth Gin; Or Vodka Or Brandy, 90 Proof|
1. Wash and stem the cherries very gently so as not to bruise them.
2. Dry on a towel.
3. Place them in a clean 2-quart jar.
4. Pour the pound of sugar over the cherries. DO NOT STIR OR SHAKE.
5. Pour the liquor over the sugar and cherries. DO NOT STIR. Cover with lid.
6. Put the jar on a high, safe shelf and let it stand three months.
7. Strain into 2 1-quart bottles.
8. The cherry meat will be dissolved and the color is "gorgeous" and the taste "divine" Trust Me!!
NOTES : Note: Instead of the cherries, you may substitute 1 pound of most any fresh fruit, such as tangerines, oranges, peaches, apricots, plum, etc.
Use fruit unpeeled and follow the above recipe.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 196 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997