Yield: 4 servings
|2 pounds||Loin of lamb|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1 large||Red onion; thinly sliced|
|1 cup||Plain yogurt|
|2||Cloves garlic; finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Mint chiffonade|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon||Lemon zest; finely chopped|
|Salt and freshly ground pepper; to taste|
INGREDIENTS FOR LAMB
INGREDIENTS FOR YOGURT SAUCE
How to Prepare the Lamb:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet until it just begins to smoke.
2. Season the loin with salt and pepper and sear on all sides until golden brown. Place the pan in the oven and finish cooking until the internal temperature reaches 140 F on a meat thermometer for medium-rare.
3. Remove the lamb to a platter and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Place the onions in the pan and place in the oven to roast for 10 minutes.
4. Wrap the pita in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm. Slice the lamb on the bias into thin slices.
5. Top each pita with a few sliced of lamb, roasted onions and the yogurt sauce. Roll and serve.
How to Prepare the Sauce:
1. Place the yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter and place over a bowl and let drain for 1 hour.
2. Discard the liquid in the bowl. Place the drained yogurt in a clean bowl and add the garlic, mint, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
© 1997 Lifetime Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.
MC Formatted using MC Buster by Barb at PK Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.