Yield: 4 servings
|1 pounds||Mozzarella cheese, cut into|
|\N \N||1 inch cubes|
|3 \N||Eggs, well beaten|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|1 can||28 oz italian plum tomatoes, chopped and undrained|
|¾ cup||Italian season bread crumbs|
|\N \N||Vegetable oil|
|\N \N||Italian tomato sauce|
|1 large||Pinch of sugar|
|1½ teaspoon||Italian seasoning|
ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE
For the mozarella:
1. Dip the cheese cubes in egg, roll in flour, and dip in egg again.
Then dip into bread crumbs. Place on waxed paper and chill 1 hour.
2. In a large saucepot or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375F. Fry chilled cubes in hot oil; drain on paper towels.
3. Serve immediately with Italian Tomato sauce.
For the Sauce:
1. Saute garlic in oil in a heavy skillet; stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 45 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
Source: Stephanie Needham, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 9/92 Typed in MM format by Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120