Yield: 1 Servings
|1½ pounds||Potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced|
|1||Medium-sized onion, sliced into rings|
|Salt and pepper|
|A little paprika|
from "Microwave Cooking" by Beverly Piper 1. Put the potato slices to soak in cold water.
2. Put the onion rings in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
4. Grease a 5 cup entree dish with a little of the butter. Layer the drained potatoes and onions in the dish, starting and finishing with the potatoes. Season each layer well with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the milk over the potatoes and dot with the rest of the butter.
Sprinkle the top with paprika. (I use Hungarian paprika) 6. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce. Microwave on High for 13 minutes, giving the dish a half-turn twice during cooking.
7. Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 Total microwave cooking time:14 minutes Note: To brown and crisp the top, flash under a preheated broiler. Posted to Kitmailbox by Paula Thompson <paulat@...> on May 01, 1997