Yield: 1 Servings
|2 pounds||Lean ground pork; at room temperature|
|⅓ cup||Onion; finely chopped|
|2 teaspoons||Finely minced fresh parsley|
|1 teaspoon||Rubbed sage|
|1 teaspoon||Dried basil; (optional)|
|1 teaspoon||Dried marjoram; (optional)|
|1 teaspoon||Chili powder|
|1 teaspoon||Black pepper|
|½ teaspoon||Ground red pepper|
|¼ teaspoon||Dried thyme; (optional)|
1. In a deep bowl, combine all ingredients, using hands if necessary.
2. On wax paper, shape and roll mixture into 2 logs 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.
4. To serve, slice the rolls into rounds about ½ inch thick and fry in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Notes: An alternate way to prepare sausage is to shape mixture into large marble-size balls. freeze if desired. To serve, bake frozen on a rack, starting in a cold oven, for 20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 666 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Feb 01, 1998