Yield: 4 servings
|4 \N||Pastry Cases|
|400 grams||Fresh Spinach|
|4 tablespoons||Double Cream|
|½ teaspoon||Freshly Grated Nutmeg|
|25 grams||Plain Flour|
|75 grams||Lancashire Cheese; (grated)|
|1 tablespoon||Double Cream|
|3 \N||Tomatoes - diced|
|20 grams||Finely chopped chives|
|25 grams||Grated Parmesan Cheese|
1. Blanch the spinach in a little boiling water until tender and drain until dry.
2. Place into a separate pan with the nutmeg, double cream, salt and pepper. Cook gently until the cream thickens.
3. For the sauce, place the flour, butter and milk into a saucepan and whisk over heat to make a smooth white sauce and add the diced tomato and chopped chives
4. Stir in the cheese and cook for a further 3 minutes.
5. Poach the eggs in simmering salted water with a splash of white wine vinegar.
6. Place the spinach mixture into the pastry case, putting the poached egg on the top.
7. Pour over the sauce, sprinkle with cheese and glaze under the grill.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Chef:Aaron Patterson
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.