Yield: 2 Servings
|Pepper; fresh ground|
|¼ cup||Chives; finely chopped|
|⅓ cup||Cheddar cheese; grated|
From: af656@... (Paul A. Meadows) Date: 9 Jul 1995 12:58:03 -0400 1. With a fork, lightly combine eggs, water, salt & pepper to taste, and 2 Tb chives in a medium bowl. Don't overbeat.
2. Place omelette pan on medium-high heat, and swirl in 1 Tb butter. After the butter sizzles, pour in half of the egg mixture.
3. Using a fork, swirl the centre as the mixture begins to stiffen. Tilt the pan toward you, scraping cooked mixture at edges into centre, then tilt away from you so uncooked mixture fills the hole.
4. Continue to do this until omelette is set but still moist. Sprinkle half of the cheese onto top third of omelette.
5. Tilt pan, fold omelette over in thirds. Slide it onto a serving plate.
Sprinkle with 1 Tb chives.
6. The whole operation should take about 1 minute. Repeat for the second omelette.
Wines to serve with cheese omelettes: something light and crisp such as Italian Frascati or bubbly such as Spanish Cava, Segura Viudas.
Source: Food&Drink [LCBO magazine for responsible hosts] Spring 95 Recipe by: Lucy Waverman
From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .