Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pounds||Boneless chicken breast, diced|
|10||Straw mushrooms (or white, cut into quarters)|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1 cup||Cooking oil|
1. Cut ½ cup of the cashews in half. Leave the rest whole.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a saute pan and cook the nuts until they brown a little bit.
3. Remove nuts to a paper-towel lined plate and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the cornstarch, sugar, and soy sauce thoroughly.
5. Add 4 tbsp oil to the saute pan and heat to medium-high heat. Add the diced chicken and stir well for a minute or so.
6. Pour the cornstarch/sugar/soy mixture directly on top of the cooking chicken. Add the mushrooms and stir for approximately 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender. Add the cashews and mix well. Remove from heat.
7. Serve hot with white rice, or with the "Siamese Fried Rice" dish that we have included in this newsletter. Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter 09 Mar 97 by Gourmet Connection <capco@...> on Mar 09, 1997