Yield: 4 Servings
|4 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|½ cup||Soy sauce|
|1 \N||Clove star anise|
|\N \N||Oil for deep-frying|
|3 drops||Sesame oil; more or less|
1. Have fish cleaned, but left whole.
2. Slice ginger root; then combine with soy sauce, sherry and star anise.
Add to fish and let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Drain fish, discarding marinade; then blot dry with paper toweling.
Meanwhile heat oil.
4. Add fish, several at a time, and deep-fry until crisp and golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Let cool; then refrigerate to chill. Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.
NOTE: Any fish 3 to 5 inches long can be used.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .