Yield: 1 Servings
|1 medium||Onion chopped.|
|1 \N||Garlic clove crushed|
|1 pounds||480 g tomatoes skinned and|
|\N \N||Chopped or use 14 oz 420 g|
|\N \N||Chopped tomatoes.|
|1 large||Carrot chopped.|
|1 pint||600 ml vegetable stock.|
|4 ounces||120 g low fat soft cheese.|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper.|
|\N \N||Chopped fresh basil or|
|\N \N||Parsley to garnish.|
1. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until softened. Att the tomatoes and carrot and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes stirring constantly.
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Blend the soup until smooth in a liquidiser or food processor.
Return to the saucepan and add the cheese, stirring to melt. Season to taste and heat gently until almost boiling, stirring constantly.
4. Serve one portion in a warmed soup bowl garnished with fresh basil or parsley.
5. To freeze the remaining soup cool quickly and divide between three rigid containers. Seal label and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost and re-heat gently to serve.
Preparation 15 minutes Cooking 30 minutes.
Makes 4 portions: 85 calories per serving.
Selections per serving fat protein 2 vegetable