Yield: 8 Servings
|1⅓ cup||All-purpose flour|
|½ cup||Crisco Shortening|
|5 tablespoons||Cold water|
1. Combine flour and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture forms pea-sized pieces.
2. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss with a fork until mixture holds together. Press together to form a ball.
3. Press dough between hands to form 5- to 6-inch disk.
4. Lightly flour surface and rolling pin. Roll dough in short strokes, starting in middle of disk and rolling out toward edge. Rotate dough ¼ turn to right. Sprinkle more flour under dough and on rolling pin as necessary to prevent sticking. Continue to roll and rotate dough 2 to 3 more times.
5. Roll dough into circle ⅛-inch thick and at least 1 inch larger than inverted pie plate.
6. Place rolling pin on 1 side of dough. Gently roll dough over rolling pin once.
7. Carefully lift rolling pin and dough. Unroll dough over pie plate. Ease dough into pie plate with fingertips. Do not stretch dough.
8. Trim crust, leaving ½-inch overhang. Fold overhang under. Flute as desired. Cover pie crust with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes to allow dough to relax.
Recipe by: Cooking Class Desserts: Perfect Pies Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 465 by "catspaw@..." <catspaw@...> on Jan 6, 1998