Yield: 12 Servings
|1 cup||Semisweet chocolate chips|
|1 cup||Walnuts or pecans|
|½ cup||Graham cracker crumbs|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground cloves|
|5 larges||Eggs; at room temperature|
|Whipped cream; optional|
1. Butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Chop the nuts and chocolate chips for a few seconds in a blender.
3. Mix the cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and cloves.
4. Separate the eggs, and add the sugar to the yolks. Beat with an electric mixer until pale yellow and creamy. Add the chocolate mixture and mix on low speed till blended. Add the cracker crumb mixture and mix till blended.
5. Scrape this mixture into a large bowl.
6. beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the beaters are lifted (use clean beaters). Scrape these over the mixture in the other bowl.
7. Gently fold in the egg whites. Scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake until the cake has pulled away slightly from the sides of the pan, 30-35 minutes. Cool before serving.
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 16:29:02 -0700 From: Krista Johanson <johanson@...> Recipe By : Krista Johanson MC-Recipe Digest V1 #122
From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .