Yield: 4 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Unflavored gelatin|
|½ cup||Marsala wine|
|1 cup||Whipping cream|
|¼ teaspoon||Cream of tartar|
|½ ounce||Semisweet chocolate; shaved into curls|
1. Mix 4 tbs. sugar and the gelatin in a measuring cup. Stir in the wine.
2. Place all 6 egg yolks in the top of a double boiler and beat until thick and light in color. Stir in the gelatin mixture.
3. Place over hot water and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Remove from heat. Stir in the brandy and vanilla. Chill until cool, but` not set. Stir occasionally.
4. Whip the cream until stiff. Fold into the egg yolk mixture. 5. Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff. Beat in 2 tbs. sugar.
6. Fold the whites into the cream/egg yolk mixture. Spoon into 6 to 8 tall parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Chill 1 hour or longer.
7. Garnish with chocolate curls.
NOTE: The remaining 2 servings can be covered, refrigerated, and served within a day or two.
DEL MONDO RISTORANTE
NORTH FARWELL AVE, MILWAUKEE
WINE:RUFFINO RISERVA DUCALE GOLD From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .