Yield: 1 Servings
|1 cup||Cooked Rice; Warm|
|2 tablespoons||Sesame Seeds|
|½ cup||Crab Meat; Cooked|
|3 tablespoons||Fish Roe; Or Golden Caviar|
|½ \N||Avocado; Chopped|
|\N \N||Wasabi Paste|
1. To prepare rice for this or any other sushi dish, rice must be pickled.
2. Combine vinegar and sugar in a enamel saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Cook, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Stir 2 tablespoons of vinegar - sugar mixture into the cooked, still warm, rice.
5. Warm rice absorbs the mixture more completely.
6. Stir sesame seeds into rice. 7. Press pickled rice into a square on a small serving platter.
8. Cut rice into squares, and leave rice squares in place.
9. Press each square lightly so that rice clings, and place a small dab of Wasabi paste on each.
10. Press a bit of crabmeat, fish roe, and avocado on each square.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 233 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 9, 1997