Yield: 6 Servings
|6 larges||Baking apples|
|12 tablespoons||Brown sugar|
1. Wash and core apples, then remove a 1 inch strip of peel around the middle of each apple.
2. Place apples in a 2 quart square baking dish.
3. Mix sugar, and spices in a small bowl.
4. Fill center of each apple with mixture and dot with ¼ ts. butter.
5. Add enough water to baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish.
6. Bake uncovered, at 350ø until apples are tender. Baste with glaze occasionaly.
Serve warm, covered with some of the baking glaze and real whipped cream.
*** ½ c of raisins can be added to the sugar and spice mixture. *** Tip: McIntosh or Granny Smith apples are great for this.
From the kitchen of Lois FLack.