Yield: 8 Servings
|1||9 Inch Pie Crust; Baked|
|1 cup||Milk; skimmed ( Heavy cream tastes better)|
|½ cup||Onion; Minced|
|8||Pieces Bacon Cooked And Crumbled|
|⅔ cup||Parmesan cheese; fresh grated|
|⅔ cup||Swiss cheese; fresh grated|
|½ teaspoon||Dry Mustard|
1. In a bowl beat the eggs with a whisk, add the cream and beat again, add the grated onion and beat yet again.
2. Sprinkle the bacon in bottom of the pie shell, Sprinkle the Parmesan or Swiss cheese over the bacon.
3. Pour the cream mixture over the bacon and Parmesan.
4. Dot the top bits of butter if desired.
5. Place the pan on a cookie sheet and slide into a preheated 375°F oven.
It will take about forty-five (45) minutes to bake.
6. Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
7. You can vary this recipe by varying or omitting the solid ingredients as you desire.
For your baked pie crust Try :
Baking the pie crust 10 minutes with foil and weights, remove foil and weights, brush the bottom and sides of the crust with whisked egg white.
Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer in a 450°F oven. .
NOTES : Been making since 1980. Use Parmesan or Romano cheese Recipe called for ¾ cup Parmesan cheese - it's too salty with that amount try ½ cup or part of cheese a different cheese.
Recipe by: Souffle-Quiches-Mousses Posted to MasterCook Digest by "Max H. Mitchell" <mmitch-fay@...> on Jul 31, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.