Yield: 1 Servings
|1 teaspoon||Grated lemon rind|
|½ cup||Finely chopped walnuts or almonds|
|2 \N||Sticks butter or margerine|
|4 \N||Eggs at room temperature|
|2 teaspoons||Grated lemon rind|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Plain yogurt|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 10 inch tubepan well.
2. Combine lemon rind, 2 tblsp. sugar and walnuts. Sprinkle evenly in the bottom of the tube pan.
3. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter until softened; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 tsps.
lemon rind and vanilla; blend in.
5. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together.
6. Add dry ingredients at low speed of elec. mixer, alternately with yogurt.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan over sugar-nut mixture.
8. Bake for about 1 hour or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 min. in pan, then invert and cool completely, sugar nut side up.
9. Combine lemon juice and ½ cup sugar in saucepan, heat to boiling, stirring until sugar dissolves. 10. Pour hot syrup slowly over sugar-nut topping, allowing syrup to soak into cake.
Posted to Bakery-Shoppe Digest V1 #224 by DarraghV@... on Sep 7, 1997