Yield: 1 14\" pizza
|1 each||Basic pizza dough *|
|2 cups||Chili **|
|6 ounces||Mild Longhorn Cheddar cheese|
|¼ cup||Onion (very thinly sliced)|
|½ each||Green Bell pepper (chopped)|
|1 ounce||Ripe black olives, sliced|
|½ pounds||Pork sausage|
|9 eaches||Medium-sized mushrooms,|
* Pizza dough is very subjective. I won't attempt a recipe here, just make your favorite dough for 1 large pizza.
** NO BEANS IN THE CHILI! If you must use canned, I recommend a 15 oz. can of Wolf Brand Chili. This will work very nicely.
1. Saute the sausage, mushrooms (seeds and caps), and Bell pepper until very lightly browned.
2. Preheat oven to 500 deg F.
3. Roll pizza dough into a pizza-like shape, and add toppings in this order:
Sausage, 'shrooms, and peppers
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Use a pizza stone if you have one. If you haven't got one, go buy one.
Original recipe by Wesley Pitts Submitted By WESLEY PITTS On 06-05-95