Yield: 4 servings
|3 cups||Sliced carrots|
|1 cup||Sliced parsnips|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|½ cup||Chopped parsley|
|2||Zucchini or 4 pattypan|
|Squash or combination|
|1 Zucchini and 2 pattypan|
1. In medium saucepan boil or steam carrots and parsnips together until
2. Drain and mash or puree in food processor.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in chopped parsley.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. To prepare vegetables for stuffing, trim ends from zucchini and cut in
half lengthwise. Remove tops from pattypan squash. Hollow out vegetable centers with grapefruit knife, or teaspoon, leaving a border of vegetable all around. (Save vegetable pieces to use in soup.)
7. Boil or steam vegetables until barely tender, about 6 minutes.
8. Arrange vegetables in signle layer in oven-proof dish and pipe or spoon puree into vegetable boats.
9. Pour in just enough water to cover bottom of dish.
10. Cover and bake 15 minutes, or until heated through.
DEAL-A-MEAL CARDS USED: 2 Vegetable 76 Calories Taken from Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Golden Edition Cookbook.