Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pack||Fresh Spinach|
|3||Garlic cloves, minced or|
|2 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|1||9" pie shell|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 2. In large pan over medium flame, cook spinach in canola oil, until spinach completely wilts (ie. it will shrink and turn a darker green).
3. In another pan, saute onions and garlic until onion softens.
4. Mix in the cooked spinach, saute for a minute or two more.
5. Crumble in the tofu.
6. Add lemon juice and salt.
7. Pour mixture into pie shell. 8. Bake at 400 degrees about 30 minutes, until pie shell is golden.
Start off with a salad, then serve the spinach tofu pie with wild rice and you've got a great veggie meal.
This recipe is adapted from TOFU COOKERY by Louise Hagler (The Book Publishing Company, Summertown, TN), a good place for tofu-lovers to start.
From: joelw@... (Joel Wilf). rfvc Digest V94 Issue #200 Sept.
17, 1994. Formatted by Sue Smith, S.Smith34, TXFT40A@...