Yield: 4 servings
|1 \N||200 gram blo creamed coconut; (7oz)|
|300 millilitres||Hot water; (1/2 pint)|
|3 \N||Cloves garlic; peeled and chopped,|
|\N \N||; up to 4|
|2 \N||Fresh green chillies; de-seeded and|
|\N \N||; chopped, up to 3|
|1 teaspoon||Ground ginger; up to 2|
|3 tablespoons||Light soy sauce|
|\N \N||Grated zest and juice of 1-2 limes|
|2 tablespoons||Caster sugar|
|1 pack||Fresh coriander|
|4 \N||Boneless chicken breasts; (skin on)|
1. Cut the coconut cream into large chunks and place in a bowl. Pour over the hot water over the coconut and stir to dissolve. Place in a blender with all the other ingredients (exept the chicken), reserving a little coriander for garnish.
2. Blend the mixture for a few seconds until well mixed and allow to cool slightly.
3. Make 3 diagonal cuts across the chicken breasts, arrange in a dish and pour over half the coconut mixture. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the grill to a medium setting. Arrange the chicken, skin-side down in a grill pan and spread over the marinade.
5. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally. Allow slightly longer to cook the skin side of the chicken.
6. While the chicken is cooking, heat the remaining coconut mixture in a saucepan stirring occasionally and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Do not boil as it may start to separate.
7. Serve the chicken with the sauce and Thai Fragrant Rice, garnished with the reserved coriander.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : This authentic-tasting Thai dish is delicious served with a watercress, cucumber and pine kernal salad. Allow time for the chicken to marinate before cooking.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.