Yield: 6 servings
|1 pounds||Squash,yellow crookneck|
|6 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|½ pounds||Italian sausage,no casings|
|1½ cup||Spaghetti sauce,canned|
|½ cup||Monterey Jack cheese,shreded|
|1½ cup||Cottage cheese,low-fat|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese,grated|
|¼ cup||Bread crumbs|
1. Slice squash into ½-inch-thick pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Saute squash in butter in a skillet over medium heat; drain and set aside.
3. Add sausage to skillet; cook until browned, stirring until crumbly.
Drain of excess fat.
4. Add spaghetti sauce to meat; simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
5. Layer half the vegetables, meat sauce, Jack cheese and cottage cheese in a 12x7-inck baking dish.
6. Repeat layering; top with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs mixed with melted butter.
7. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly.