Yield: 8 servings
|1¼ pounds||Fresh broccoli; or more|
|1 quart||Chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon||Vindaloo Curry Paste|
|Black pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons||Lime juice|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
(1) Cut the broccoli, and place it in a large saucepan along with the broth, onion, butter, curry paste, salt and pepper.
(2) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until broccoli is just tender.
(3) Place about two cups of the mixture at a time into a blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into bowl or another large pan. Repeat with remaining mixture.
(4) Stir in the lime juice.
(5) Serve hot, garnished with a thin slice of lemon, a small dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of chives.
(1) This soup can be also refrigerated overnight and served cold.
(2) If you don't have Vindaloo Curry Paste, try using 2 teaspoons of curry powder, and one chopped green chile pepper (such as poblano).
Modified by Gabi Shahar from a recipe posted by Andy Shore on alt.gourmand on 1985. Tried several times, and highly recommended.
Typed by Gabi Shahar, November 1995.
Submitted By GABI SHAHAR On 11-25-95