Yield: 6 Servings
|1||Piece dried tangerine peel|
|Water to cover|
|½ cup||Soy sauce|
1. Soak dried tangerine peel.
2. Place duck eggs in water to cover and bring to a boil over medium heat; then cook gently 8 to 10 minutes more.
3. Cool eggs thoroughly under cold running water (about 5 minutes); then shell.
4. Meanwhile cut leek in 1-½ inch sections and crush garlic. Combine in a saucepan with soy sauce, water, honey, salt and soaked tangerine peel.
Bring to a boil, stirring.
5. Add eggs and simmer, covered, 2 hours. (Add more boiling water if necessary.)
6. Cut each egg in 4 wedges with a sharp knife. Serve yolk-side up on a bed of lettuce strips. Either garnish with tomatoes and Chinese parsley, or serve with dip dishes of plum sauce, catsup or hot sauce.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .