Yield: 4 servings
|1||9 inch pie crust -- * see|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Chopped onions|
|½ cup||Green bell peppers --|
|1||Garlic clove -- minced|
|3 tablespoons||Tomato paste|
|3 tablespoons||Fresh parsley -- chopped|
|⅛ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|4 larges||Eggs -- ** see note|
|12||Black olives -- sliced|
|⅓ cup||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|8||Anchovies -- optional|
* Pie crust should be partially baked. Use same oven temperature as for cooking quiche, 350 degrees, and time it so crust will bake about 4-7 minutes and let cool only about 5 minutes before filling with mixture to continue baking.
** You will need 1 egg and 3 egg yolks for this recipe.
1. Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy skillet.
2. Add tomatoes that have been peeled, chopped and seeded. Add the basil, oregano, salt, green pepper and parsley. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Remove cover and raise heat so liquid evaporates. Do not let mixture scorch. Remove from heat.
4. Put 1 egg and 3 egg yolks along with tomato paste into a bowl and mix well. Combine with tomato mixture then pour into pie crust.
5. Top with olives, grated cheese and anchovies if you are using them.
6. Bake about 30 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
Servomg Ideas: Serve as an appetizer or with a salad for lunch.
Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill