Yield: 1 recipe
|¼ cup||Luke warm water|
|1 pack||Dry yeast or 1 Tbl.|
|1 cup||Scalded milk|
* Scald milk and add shortening to hot milk so it will melt; cool to lukewarm.
* Put ¼ cup warm water and 1 Tbls. sugar in a large bowl and add yeast to dissolve.
* To this add sugar, egg, salt and lukewarm milk and shortening.
* Add flour 1 cup at a time beating after each addition. Then knead for 10 min.
* Grease bown and top of dough; cover and refrigerate for 24 hrs. Usually a couple of hrs. will do. Just let it double in size.
: Submitted by: Diane Bruck
: FidoNet: The Cooking Echo
: Posted: 03 Aug 95 13:19:00
Submitted By HERMAN KELLY On 08-05-95