Yield: 24 Servings
|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|¾ cup||Quick-cooking oats|
|½ cup||Granulated sugar|
|½ cup||Butter or margarine; room temp|
|½ teaspoon||Almond extract|
|½ cup||Red raspberry preserves|
|⅓ cup||Sliced almonds|
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Lightly grease foil.
2. Mix flour, oats, and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Add butter and cut in with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in extract until blended.
4. Reserve about 1 cup oat mixture. Press remainder oven bottom of pan, adding more mixture if needed to cover. Spread preserves over top to about ½ inch from edges.
5. Mix almonds with reserved oat mixture. Sprinkle evenly over preserves, then press down gently. (Some preserves will show through.) 6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool in pan on rack.
7. Lift foil by ends to cutting board. Cut in bars. Makes 24 bars, 105 calories per bar.
WOMAN'S DAY, 5/1/1990
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .