Yield: 2 Servings
|1 tablespoon||Defatted pork drippings (from Roast Pork Shoulder)|
|1 cup||Cooked pork, diced (from Roast Pork Shoulder)|
|2 cups||Cabbage, coarsely shredded|
|1½ cup||Boiling water|
|⅓ cup||Celery, sliced|
|¼ cup||Green pepper, diced|
2 servings of about 1-¼ cups each 206 calories per serving
1. Heat pork drippings in saucepan.
2. Add pork and brown lightly.
3. Add cabbage and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Return to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaf.
* Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias