Yield: 1 servings
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|2||Cloves garlic; chopped|
|1 pounds||Chicken apple sausage; skin removed, cut into small chunks|
|1½ cup||Coarse yellow cornmeal|
|4 tablespoons||Butter; cut into chunks|
|¼ cup||Freshly grated parmesean cheese|
|2||Tart apples; cored and chopped|
|½ pounds||Fontina cheese grated; (2 cups)|
Cost: $ - Preparation Time: 10 minutes Difficulty Level: 1 - Servings: 6 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, in a 12 x 8 x 2 inch glass baking dish, combine the olive oil, chopped garlic, and sausage.
3. Cook in the microwave on high (100% power) for 2 minutes.
4. Add the cornmeal, water, and salt, then let sit for 3 minutes.
5. Cook covered in the microwave on high (100% power) for 6 minutes.
6. Stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese and microwave for 6 minutes more.
7. Add the apples and Fontina cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Source: Stylish One-Dish Dinners (Random House, 1999) Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter by newsletter@... on May 16, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.