Yield: 1 servings
|3 ounces||Polenta cornmeal|
|1||Dsp chopped basil|
|1½ ounce||Reduced-fat Cheddar cheese; grated|
|½ ounce||Reduced-fat cooking spread|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|12 ounces||Mixed peppers; de-seeded and|
|1 small||Garlic clove; chopped|
|3 tablespoons||Dry white wine|
|2 ounces||Fresh leaf spinach|
|1||Dsp balsamic vinegar|
|1 teaspoon||Fresh thyme|
|Salt and black pepper|
1. Make the polenta well ahead. Bring 15floz / 425ml lightly salted water to the boil and sprinkle in the polenta.
2. Reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time, or until the polenta comes away from the sides of the pan.
3. Stir in the basil, cheese and cooking spread, then transfer the mixture to a tin brushed with 1/2tbsp / 8ml olive oil.
4. Leave to cool and harden. When the polenta is quite solid, heat 1tbsp / 15ml olive oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the peppers and garlic for 15 minutes until soft. Add the wine and bring to a bubble. Add the spinach, vinegar, thyme and seasonings and remove from the heat.
6. Meanwhile, cut the cooled, solidified polenta into about 32 pieces.
7. Brush these with the remaining olive oil and grill for 10 minutes, until golden, turning once.
8. Serve the polenta with the peppers.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.