Yield: 4 Servings
|½ teaspoon||Grated lemon rind|
1. Cut the stems of the mushrooms and peel the heads. Clean thoroughly and slice.
2. Cook mushrooms gently in hot butter for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the flour thoroughly then stir whilst adding milk.
4. Cook at low heat until the soup is smooth and thick.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the grated lemon peel with a little whipped cream and place a blob on the soup after it has been poured into bowls. Serves 4
SOURCE: *Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong, Seven Seas Publishing Pty Ltd, PO Box 1431, Wellington, New Zealand, (C. 1968) ISBN 85467 016 5 SHARED BY: Jim Bodle 4/93
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini