Yield: 1 panful
|5 ounces||Unsweetened chocolate|
|½ pounds||Butter or margarine, soft|
|1¾ cup||Light brown sugar (white ok)|
|1 cup||Chopped walnuts/pecans|
|1 teaspoon||Freshly grated orange rind|
|1½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 cup||Flour(3/4c for fudgier ones)|
|1 small||Ripe banana, mashed|
|2 tablespoons||To 4T strong black coffee|
|1 cup||Semisweet choc chips|
1. Butter 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Gently melt the chocolate. Let it cool for about 10 mins.
3. Cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Stir constantly as you drizzle in the melted chocolate. After all the chocolate is in, beat well for a minute or two.
6. Stir in the flour and possible embellishments. Mix just enough to blend thoroughly.
7. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 20-25 mins, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares while still hot, then allow to cool for at least 10 mins, if you can wait that long.
*my note--these are unbelievable!!!!!!! From the New Moosewood Cookbook Shared by Lisa Greenwood From: Lisa Greenwood Date: 12 Feb 94 Submitted By GAIL SHIPP On 03-19-95