Yield: 1 Servings
|5 mediums||Potatoes; peeled|
|2 mediums||Leeks ( white and pale green parts only ), thinly sliced|
|3 tablespoons||Fresh cream|
|Salt and white pepper; to taste|
1. Wash leeks very well in running water. Drain in a colander.
2. Melt 1 T butter in a saucepan and add leeks. Cook until wilted.
3. Stir in potatoes. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. 5. Add 1 cup boiling water and simmer covered until potatoes are almost cooked.
6. Uncover pan and continue cooking until all liquid has evaporated.
7. Mash potatoes and leek , add 1 T butter and mesh some more, Stir in cream.
NOTES : You may put cooked potatoes through a ricer.
Recipe by: Gourmet Magazine modified by Miriam P. Posvolsky Posted to TNT ~ Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Jul 29, 1997