Yield: 4 Servings
|4 mediums||Potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick|
|2 mediums||Onion, sliced 1/4" thick|
|3 teaspoons||Marjoram, or MORE to taste|
|1½ teaspoon||Salt, or MORE to taste|
|¼ cup||Butter or margarine, or MORE to taste|
|Pam or other non-stick spray|
DIRECTIONS FOR BARBECUING 1. Scrub and slice potatoes, (with or without the skin).
2. Peel and slice onions.
3. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing.
4. Spray the bottom of a large sheet of heavy-duty foil with Pam., mix first 4 ingredients in layers; dot with butter or margarine.
5. Fold foil over vegetables and seal.
6. Place packet directly on top of medium to low coals, SEAM SIDE down. Be careful not to burn the potatoes. If they are too close to the heat or it's too hot they will burn.
7. Cook 40 to 50 minutes until potatoes and onions are tender, turning once half way through cooking time.
8. You can check for doneness by piercing potatoes with a fork. Serves 4 DIRECTIONS FOR OVEN
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In 9" by 9" baking pan, combine ingredient.
3. Cover pan.
4. Bake 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Per serving: 342 Calories; 12g Fat (30% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 31mg Cholesterol; 934mg Sodium NOTES : Great for summer and outdoor cooking. Can be cooked on B.B.Q. or in the oven. I use more marjoram, salt and butter.
Recipe by: Vicki Wiltshire Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #572 by "Wiltshire's" <wilshire@...> on Apr 16, 1997