Yield: 4 servings
|1 pack||Lambs liver; sliced|
|2 tablespoons||Plain flour|
|½ teaspoon||Dried mixed herbs|
|300 millilitres||Stout or ale; (1/2 pint)|
|1 tablespoon||Worcestershire sauce|
|8 \N||Thick slices French bread|
|25 grams||Butter; softened (1oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Coarse grain mustard|
1. Coat the liver slices in the flour seasoned with the dried herbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the liver and fry for 2-3 minutes until evenly browned.
3. Add the ale and Worcestershire sauce, simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, lightly brown one side of the bread under a preheated hot grill.
5. Mix together the butter and mustard and spread on the untoasted side of each slice of bread and grill for a further 2 minutes.
6. Serve the liver with the bread slices and garnish with flat leaf parsley sprigs.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : This dish makes a tasty change to more traditional offal recipes.
Delicious served with julienne of vegetables and creamed potatoes.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.