Yield: 4 Servings
|1 ounce||Red wine vinegar,|
|2 \N||Oranges, , juice of|
|\N \N||Demi glace,|
|\N \N||Duck leg quarters, boned, with skin|
|\N \N||Duck breast pieces, boned, with skin|
|\N \N||Onions, sliced|
|\N \N||Apple, diced|
|\N \N||Walnuts, chopped|
|\N \N||Fresh thyme,|
|\N \N||Parsley, finely chopped|
For Sauce: 1. Cook sugar and vinegar to a gastrique (blonde caramel).
2. Add orange juice and reduce to a heavy syrup. Add demi glace and reduce if necessary. Season with S & P.
For Stuffing: 1. Sweat onion and apple in butter.
2. Add thyme, salt, pepper, walnuts. Off heat, add parsley.
For Duck: 1. Remove bones from duck legs, leaving one 2" piece pushed up through skin. Fill with 1-2 Tbl. stuffing.
2. Place on foil, shape foil to stand up legs. Place on sheet pan and bake at 350øF for 45 minutes.
3. Season breasts with S & P, cook in hot pan skin side down until crisp and golden (7-10 minutes). Sear meat side and flip to skin side. Finish cooking in 375øF oven for 5-10 minutes.
4. Let rest, slice into aiguillettes (long, thin slices), spoon sauce over.
Notes: Duck With Orange Sauce
Recipe by: chefmad
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #376, by chefmad <chefmad@...> on Fri, 17 Jan 97.