Yield: 6 Servings
|1 \N||Duck; 4 to 5 pounds|
|1 \N||Clove garlic|
|4 slices||Fresh ginger root|
1. Wipe duck inside and out with a damp cloth. Cut garlic clove in two and rub cut side over skin, then brush duck with oil. Meanwhile preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Peel onion (but not orange). With a fork pierce each in several places.
Place both inside duck and sew up the cavity securely or skewer.
3. Place duck on a rack over a roasting pan containing several inches of water and roast 2 hours. (Add more water to pan as it evaporates.) 4. Remove rack. Drain off and discard fat and liquids. Place duck directly in roasting pan and pour sherry over. Mince ginger root and sprinkle over top along with salt. Roast 30 minutes more.
5. Let bird cool slightly and unskewer. Discard orange aud onion. Bone duck and cut in bite-size pieces (each with some skin).
6. Strain liquids from roasting pan and reheat; then pour over duck.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .