Yield: 1 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|2 cups||Whole milk|
|2 cups||Unsalted matzoh meal|
|½ cup||(4 ounces) cottage cheese|
|½ cup||Corn oil|
|¼ cup||(1 ounce) finely chopped pecans or walnuts|
|1½ teaspoon||(1/2 tablespoon) pure vanilla extract|
|Maple syrup (or flavor of your choice)|
These are delicious flourless "pancakes", which are obviously perfect for Passover, albeit good at any time - and you definitely don't have to be Jewish to enjoy them.
1. Melt butter in large skillet. Turn off flame.
2. Break eggs into mixing bowl. Beat until thick and lemon-colored.
3. Add milk, matzoh meal, cottage cheese, corn oil, nuts, vanilla, and salt. Beat until smooth.
4. Drop spoonsful of batter onto griddle.
5. Set flame at moderate, and fry until golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve hot, accompanied by syrup (or, if preferred, honey or preserves).
Posted to EAT-L Digest 19 Mar 97 by Teasel <teasel@...> on Mar 19, 1997