Yield: 4 Servings
|1 \N||Head Romaine lettuce; washed & trimed|
|1 \N||Head Bibb lettuce; washed & trimed|
|1 \N||Bag spinach; washed, remove stems|
|1 \N||Cucumber; sliced|
|¼ cup||Pignolia nuts or walnuts|
|⅓ cup||Italian-seasoned crouton|
|2 \N||Tomatoes; quartered|
|½ cup||Sliced mushrooms|
|¼ cup||Drained garbanzo beans|
|8 \N||Artichoke hearts|
|\N \N||Grated cheese|
|\N \N||Freshly ground pepper|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic; minced|
|6 \N||Anchovy filets|
|¾ cup||Vegetable oil|
|¼ cup||Red wine vinegar|
|1 \N||Lemon; juice only|
|\N \N||Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|1 tablespoon||Worcestershire sauce|
|1⅓ cup||Grated Romano cheese|
1. Shake as much moisture as possible off washed lettuce & spinach, then tear by hand into bite-sized pieces. Place in large salad bowl.
2. Add cucumber, pignolia nuts, croutons, tomatoes, mushrooms, & garbanzo beans.
3. Add DRESSING & toss well.
4. Dish onto chilled salad plates. Garnish each plate with 2 artichoke hearts. Dust with sprinklihng of grated cheese & freshly ground pepper.
1. In wooden bowl, mash minced garlic, using 2 forks in overlapping fashion.
2. Add anchovy filets, mashing similarly.
3. Add oil, vinegar & lemon juice, stirring until well-blended. 4. Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, horseradish & Worcestershire sauce.
5. Stir well while slowly adding half the cheese. Mix thoroughly & continue stirring while gradually adding remaining cheese.
BEULAH RD, PITTSBURGH WINE:
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .