Yield: 10 servings
|2½ cup||Sifted all-purpose flour|
|3 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|3 cups||Apples, sliced & pared|
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Cinnamon, ground|
|2 cups||Sweetened whipped cream|
1. Cream butter and add sugar gradually. When well combined, mix in the
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add alternately with
3. Spread apples in the bottom of a shallow, well-buttered ovenproof-china baking dish.
4. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples.
batter over the top, spreading it evenly.
5. Bake at 350øF for about 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes after
removing from oven. To serve, invert on serving platter or serve directly from baking dish.
Note: A buttered baking pan or dish, 9x9x2, works equally well.
Serve with sweetened whipped cream Submitted by Lois Flack
*Family Circle Illustrated Library of Cooking